If you think getting a protein fix is limited to boring hard-boiled eggs, think again. This delicious, healthy, and easy recipe has even more protein than an egg (one large contains about 6 grams).
Whether you’re stoking up before a workout or looking for a midday snack to escape the 3pm lull, our high-protein almond bites - made using our PRO V-GAIN™ PROTEIN powder - are packed with protein as well as a blend of much-needed nutrients like B6, magnesium and calcium. It’s perfect as a longer-lasting energy fix – and much better than carb-heavy options.
- 1 scoop PRO V-GAIN™ PROTEIN
- 175 g dried, pitted dates
- 175 g unsalted almonds, roasted chopped
- 1-2 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Blend dates in a food processor until they form a ball
- Divide the date ball and add PRO V-GAIN™ PROTEIN and ½ the almonds
- Blend for 1 minute
- Pour in the almond milk and blend until mixture is combined
- Add an extra tablespoon of almond milk if mixture is too dry and doesn’t blend together easily
- With a tablespoon, make bites by kneading the mixture together with your fingers and forming into a sphere shape
- Combine bites in remaining ½ almonds, pressing the nuts lightly into the outside of the ball
- Keep in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to two weeks