We've tried and tested a number of protein pancake recipes over the years and have found SCI-MX ambassador Beth Workman's to be the best! Give this recipe a go and experiment with some of the Nation’s favourite, healthier toppings listed below...
"As a bikini competitor, I try to keep in shape year round, whether I am competing or not. I cycle my carbs and this works great for me – it gives me the results I want! But I am only human of course and I have a very sweet tooth so every once in a while I have to have something sweet. The perfect treat for me on a high-carb day is protein pancakes. These pancakes take five minutes to prepare (and even less to eat!)"
Coconut oil 1/2 cup oats (gluten-free or regular) 2 scoops SCI-MX ULTRA WHEY (Vanilla) 1/2 cup egg whites 1/2 cup cottage cheese + add a dash of skimmed milk if you want to thin the mixture a little
- Heat a nonstick pan with coconut oil
- Using an electric whisk, mix the remaining ingredients together
- Pour into the hot pan. Flip when the edges start browning and you start to see bubbles appearing on the pancakes’ surface
- Serve with your favourite topping and ENJOY!
Macros for ALL the pancakes (which you can split into two if you’re having as a lighter breakfast or snack): 537kcals, 60g protein, 55g carbs and 9g fat.
Here's some of the Nation’s favourite, healthier toppings for you to experiment with…
- Greek yogurt, apple and Manuka honey
- Almond butter and bananas (Nuts ‘n More do a great selection!)
- Greek yogurt, granola and strawberries
- Whey Hey protein ice cream, chia seeds and agave nectar
- Greek yogurt, calorie free caramel syrup, blueberries and cinnamon